Saturday, August 14, 2010

Well, it's official. We're homeschoolers. I mailed in our letter to the superintendent of schools yesterday (you don't have to notify the school board for kindergarten, but since we registered him, we had to un-register him).

I'm a little apprehensive about it, but mostly ecstatic. I was reading Made by Hand: Searching for Meaning in a Throwaway World by Mark Fraunfelder and he had a few passages in there that really hit home to me. It's not even a book about education but about being a diy'er ... but there was a blurb in there about how schools are all about preparing you to be ready to do something but don't actually teach you how to do it... and that totally hit home. And I hope that my boys learn how to do along this journey, and never experience an action freezing fear of failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment