Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our ABC Books

We started our ABC books. So far all we've done is the cover, but we're going to do projects (a la No Time for Flashcards) and a collage of "letter" words for each letter and put them together to make a binder book. I haven't quite decided how in depth we'll go with these, but I'm going to laminate (I can't wait for the laminator I just ordered to arrive and get started!) the pages so the boys can "read" their very own ABC books!

I used a black crayon to outline Name's ABC Book and let the boys color away. Monkey totally got it, and colored each letter in a different color...


Jumps made his three color...


As soon as I think of what we're going to do for the back cover, I'll cover the binder with clear contact paper and it's ready to add pages...

We are also going to make random art books as well. I throw away way too many of the pictures they draw and want to start saving them. A binder will make a much nicer keepsake than the many random photographs I have of this picture or that I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment