Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Homeschooling Goals

I keep trying to plan out the themes and activities and trips and... I am getting way above myself here. There is so much that I would love to do -- some of it age appropriate, some of it might be a bit above the boys right now but just sounds like so much fun... I need to create some goals for myself and keep my priorities straight.

I know I'll try to do too much. We haven't even started yet, and I think we're overscheduled... in the name of making sure the kids don't miss out on anything, I've been signing up for EVERYTHING (well, not EVERYTHING but a good portion of the stuff I've come across anyway).

So... for the year... here are the BIG THINGS... I'm going to limit myself to 5 and then I'm not going to worry about the rest if it passes us by.

1. Create a good morning routine. Up, breakfast, dressed, morning meeting (go over the calendar, weather, what's going on for the day, do some yoga for grounding, learn some italian, sing a song or do a felt board something) ...I'm adding one piece at a time.. .So far we've just started the calendar. This is where I'm going to sneak in any schooling.

2. Get out to explore something in nature once a week, regardless of weather or motivation. (mental note: get a jogging stroller!) And, give the kids their own patch of garden to grow something!

3. Create some fun family memories and traditions -- especially around the different holidays.

4. Find some good friends -- ones that we can keep for the long haul (both for the kids and myself... and maybe even dh!)

5. Give the kids more ownership. Let them do more, contribute more, be more a part of the decision making process...

No comments:

Post a Comment